Here’s a little about San Jose State and the position they are recruiting for:
The Director of Development for the College of Engineering reports to the Senior Director of Development for the College of Engineering and serves as a member of the College of Engineering leadership team.
- Works closely with the Executive Director of Development and Dean providing strategic direction and vision for key fundraising priorities related to San José State University’s next comprehensive campaign
- Works closely with the Vice President for University Advancement on strategies for and contact with high-level donor prospects in the President’s and Vice President’s respective portfolios
- Is expected to actively manage a prospect/donor portfolio with annual goals for personal visits and fundraising outcomes based on established metrics
- Works collaboratively with the leadership of colleges, key university donor-centric cultivation and solicitation strategy
- Works collaboratively with peers in Major Gifts as well as colleagues in Annual Giving, Planned Giving, Principal Gifts, Alumni Association and Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Works with volunteer leadership providing them direction and support in maximizing the college’s major gift fundraising potential
- Focuses on securing funding for the designated priorities including academic programs, scholarships, unrestricted support, facility renovations, new facilities and other specified priorities;
- Collaborates with stewardship colleagues with donor stewardship efforts to help promote a culture of gratitude among internal and external constituents.
Essential Functions include:
- 80% Prospect and Donor Engagement
- 15% Administration
- 5% Public Relations Duties
What we would like to see from you:
- Ability to navigate the institution/college and make the appropriate match for donor interests
- Skillful in networking and opening doors as well as developing donor-centric cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Unquestionable integrity and commitment to professional ethics
- High level of initiative, attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Skillful in successfully managing multiple projects on tight deadlines and under pressure in a dynamic and open environment
- Ability to define problems, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrate spirit of flexibility and strong customer service ethic
- Ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising
- Experience developing donor centric solicitation strategies leading to closing major gifts
- Evidence of strong written communication skills; ability to write clearly and persuasively
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process. We are committed to building inclusive candidate pools as we partner with hiring teams. As you read through the job posting and review the list of qualifications (required and/or preferred), please do not self-select out if you feel you do not meet every qualification. No one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to apply and share your story with us.