Another Source’s client, Stanford University, is recruiting a Director of IT Strategy and Service Design to join the office of the Vice Provost and Dean of Research. You will work on the main Stanford campus in a hybrid work schedule.
Expected Salary Range: $177K-$225K
The importance this role has to the team:
The Vice Provost and Dean of Research (VPDOR) is seeking a Director of IT Strategy and Service Design to lead IT management and planning. As the Director, you will serve as an advisor to leadership and be responsible for maintaining a competent web product service design team, developing and implementing IT programs in support of the missions of our units, and leading and managing projects with broader programmatic impact on the research community at Stanford. You will also be responsible for assessing VPDOR’s distributed operations pertaining to IT, forming strategies to address the diversity of needs, and effectively executing plans via expert and quality service to unit stakeholders. The responsibility portfolio of the role and the team is expected to evolve as a coherent organizational IT strategy takes shape.
You will have the opportunity to bring your skills and knowledge to a team and help shape the organizational IT structure. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to address and advocate for the needs of researchers. This opportunity will combine your technical expertise with your ability to build strong relationships and connections.
Your day will likely include:
- Lead and manage IT business analysts and external contractors responsible for the development, continuing enhancement, (re)configuration, system integration and upgrade of four VPDOR web platforms: DoResearch, Seedfunding, SOLO, and C-ShARP.
- Develop a team, including talent recruitment and ongoing talent development and management. Set Objectives and Key Results for the team, manage performance, and create metrics to measure success and impact.
- Manage and lead projects that improve information technology infrastructure for researchers at Stanford through service design, development and integration, in close collaboration with UIT partners and various research support functions.
- Strategize, develop and execute business and technical plans to ensure technology infrastructure serves the needs of the organization and priorities align with the research mission of the university.
- Advise school-wide senior management on technical futures.
- Manage the adoption and adaption of emerging technologies to meet changing requirements and capabilities.
- Create procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with university policy and federal and state regulations.
- Establish and manage financials for the IT strategy and service design function.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organizational IT structure and programs; advocate for standard solutions and lead VPDOR-wide implementations.
- Strengthen partnership with UIT and peers across the university; direct and manage relationships both inside and outside of Stanford.
Experience and skills you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of increasingly technical work experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Detailed and broad understanding of IT business and technical knowledge.
- Experience leading, managing, motivating, and developing technical staff.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, methodologies, and resource management principles.
- An empathetic leader.
- A growth mindset.
Why Stanford is for You https://careersearch.stanford.edu/benefits
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- $6,000+ in tuition and training assistance annually
- Up to 50% of Stanford's annual tuition cost applied to your child's undergraduate tuition
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- 18+PTO/Vacation days per year
- Up to 5% of your base pay contributed automatically to your 403(b) + a generous match
- 100% of your retirement account is fully vested immediately
To learn more about the office of the Vice Provost and Dean of Research:
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis. We are committed to building inclusive candidate pools as we partner with hiring teams. Veterans, women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. As you read through the job posting and review the list of qualifications (required and/or preferred), please do not self-select out if you feel you do not meet every qualification. No one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to apply and share your story with us.